Intermediate (8-14 year olds)
If you are interested in trying out for Intermediate League, register for Recreational Baseball (starting on January 12) and indicate your interest in Intermediate during the registration process. Intermediate is for 9-14 year olds (3rd – 8th Graders). Younger players (8-year-olds / 2nd Graders) can tryout and, if drafted, “play up” in Intermediate. New in 2017: FCBC added a 13u/14u Intermediate League. This is in addition to our long-standing 10u and 12u leagues.
Teams are built by Coaching Staffs that apply and are accepted by the league by the stated deadline. Additional teams WILL NOT be formed at the tryouts. Teams are comprised of players who are DRAFTED to the team from various areas of our community. By trying out you are agreeing to be drafted to a team. If you back out after tryouts and draft, FCBC cannot guarantee that there is placement back to a Recreational team from your school or any other. Players who are drafted onto Intermediate teams from the Spring Tryout will be taken off of their Recreational Teams and will move to an Intermediate roster. Players not drafted will stay on the Recreational team to which they are already assigned.
Deadline for Coaching Applications is October 15 … but all available coaching positions could be filled before that date … sooner is better.
2017 Intermediate Coaches
|10u Teams – 2017 Season||12u Teams – 2017 Season||14u Teams – 2017 Season|
|Derek Franz||William Conkling||Jason Brewington|
|Frank Glenn||Jeremy Correll||Todd Grosenbach|
|Adam Mallette||Chris Durham||Spencer Winter|
|Pete Paulus||Anthony Elliott||Hermen Daalder|
|Scott Sawyer||Kris Garner|
|Ben Westdorp||Philip Hancock|
|Tucker Worthen||Todd Musci|
Player Profile Form
- All players must complete a Player Profile Form (e-mail to email@example.com by February 20): Tryout Player Profile Card
- Circumstances sometimes arise when a player is unable to attend tryouts. FCBC will still allow such players to be eligible to be drafted in the OPEN DRAFT. However, the following conditions apply:
- Players not attending tryouts may not be drafted by a coach or an assistant coach for whom they have previously played at any level (this is in order to protect the integrity of the League by eliminating the opportunity for a coach to attempt to hide a player).
- Players not attending tryouts must submit the Player Tryout Profile to FCBC no later than February 20. Profile cards will be accessible on the FCBC website under the Intermediate link. Coaches will use the information on this card when considering Non-Tryout players. Because of this, you must make sure that your information is complete and accurate.
- Intermediate Tryout Format
- ALL Players choosing to Tryout for the Intermediate League MUST be Registered with FCBC by 5pm on February 20 to TRYOUT. Players NOT Registered by February 20 who choose to tryout will incur an additional $25 fee on top of the registration fee for their league.
Intermediate League consists of 10 & Under, 12 & Under, and 14 & Under teams. Teams play “in-town” league games and an end-of-season tournament. This league is for players with a strong desire to improve their playing skills and to play in a league with fewer rule modifications than Recreational (e.g., Intermediate rules allow for leadoffs and stealing).
Tryouts & Draft
- Tryouts are held in late February or early March of each year. For 2017: Sunday, March 5 — players will report for specific 45-minute time slots (Times TBA).
- Players MUST be registered with FCBC PRIOR to the TRYOUTS to tryout for Intermediate League. Register for your Recreational age division and school(s) and click the box to tryout for Intermediate.
- Players who choose to attend the Intermediate League Tryouts commit to the possibility of being DRAFTED to a TEAM.
- Players must complete a player profile card and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20. The information on this card is used when considering all players. Therefore, make sure that your information is complete and accurate.
Location of Tryout: Tryouts will be held at the Edge Sports Center: I-25 and East Mulberry next to McDonald’s on Sunday, March 4, 2018. There are no additional Tryouts provided for Intermediate, nor are outside private tryouts by coaches permitted at this level.
Draft Information: The Intermediate League Draft is held the evening after the tryouts. Players who are drafted will be contacted by the Coach within 3 days after the tryout. Not all players who tryout will be drafted to an Intermediate Team. If a player tries out and is not drafted, he/she will remain on the Recreational roster to which he/she was assigned.
The Intermediate League pre-season instructional/practice program begins in late March or early April with at least two team commitments per week. There is also an Umpire Training Scrimmage Day held in late April or early May on a Saturday and/or Sunday. Due to the emphasis on instruction, players in the Intermediate League are expected to be available for league instruction and game play. Families need to be prepared to make the time commitment so that all players can attend training sessions. Vacations should be arranged from late July into August. Additional team practices as well as the best times and locations for practices will be determined by a team’s Coaching Staff. Practicing may occur 2 or 3 times per week. League games will run from mid-May to mid-July with 12 – 14 league games plus an end of season tournament (July 14-15, 2018). Some tournament games may be played during the week based on tournament format.
The fee per team is $4500: This fee includes the Recreational fee for each player on the team. This portion of the Recreational fee is subtracted from the $4500 and the balance is what the coach will collect from each player once rosters are established — the full fee is due to FCBC by April 10. Intermediate League Fees include: Tryout Costs, 12-14 League Games, Equipment, Uniform, and End-of-Season Playoff. Average cost per player (for a roster of 12) is $375.00 or about $15.00/contact. (Full $4500 team fee will be due regardless of roster size.)