Intermediate League Teams:
- All metal bats must have a BPF 1.15 certification/stamp. Wood bats are allowed. At the 10u age level, there are no bat weight/length restrictions. For the 12u age level, players are encouraged to swing -8 bats but there is no official bat weight/length restriction (must be stamped BPF 1.15).
- Senior league bats are those designed for the intermediate youth players generally 10 to 13 years old. The lengths of these bats can range from 27″ to 32″ and will either have a barrel diameter of 2 5/8″ or 2 3/4″ (known as the big barrel). The weight drop in these bats will vary from -5 all the way up to -12. Baseball leagues and tournaments will vary in rules whether they allow the 2 5/8″ or 2 3/4” barrels, so check the rules of your various tournament and game organizers before you decide on your bat.
Level I, II and IV:
FCBC provides bats in all equipment bags to teams in Pre-K to 11th Grade. In Grades 7th-11th all bats in FCBC Equipment Bags meet the required bat regulations.
- Pre K – 2nd Grade NO Bat Restrictions
- 3rd – 6th Grade NO Bat Restrictions
- 7th – 8th Grade: No restriction for weight or length with the exception. Players with their own bats must NOT have a bat that is less than a -7.5 weight/length ratio. All -7.5 bats must be stamped BPF 1.15
- 9th – 11th Grade: For players who bring their own bat it MUST be -3 weight/length ratio only. All bats must be stamped BBCOR certified, be a Wood bat or have the BPF 1.15 stamped or etched on the bat
Travel Teams 8-14 including the NC1X, AA and 14U Leagues:
- 13u and Younger: All bats, including big barrel bats, must have the manufacturer’s BPF 1.15 certification on the taper or be a qualified BBCOR bat or be a wood bat.
- 14u:-5 or -3 weight/length ratio. All -5 bats must be stamped BPF 1.15. All -3 bats must be stamped BBCOR. Wood bats also allowed.
- 15u and Older: -3 weight/length ratio only. All bats must be stamped BBCOR. Wood bats also allowed. Wood bats also allowed.
Bat rules apply to the age division you are playing in (not the age of the player or team). Penalties for illegal bats will be assessed as per the NFHS rule book.